CHINESE MARITIME TRANSPORT LTD. and its subsidiaries and affiliate companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as “CMT”) respects and protects your privacy and security. To help you understand how CMT collects, processes and uses your
personal information, please read our Privacy and Security Policy (hereinafter called as the “Policy”) carefully.
Scope of Application
- Policy applies to situations where we collect, process and use your personal information in association with any business you conduct with CMT or any CMT activity you participate in or submitting questions, suggestions and comments via telephone, fax or our websites.
Collecting, Processing and Using Personal Information
- You will be required to provide your personal information as adequate and necessary when conducting business with CMT. In addition, CMT will process and use your personal information only within the scope of specific purpose as you agreed upon. CMT will not use your personal information for any other purposes without your written consent.
- If you submit any inquiry to CMT by telephone, fax or through email, please provide your correct telephone, fax number or email address for reply purposes.
- When processing your personal information, CMT will comply with relevant internal procedures and information security requirements to adopt necessary staff control measures.
- No identifiable personal information will be collected by CMT for simply browsing or downloading files from CMT websites.
Sharing Personal Information with Third Party
- CMT will not provide, exchange or sell your personal information to other persons, organizations, private corporations or public institutions, unless due to legal or contractual obligations.
The “legal or contractual obligations” in the previous paragraph to share your personal information with a third party including but not limited to the following circumstances:
- to cooperate with legal investigation initiated by judicial authorities;
- to cooperate with competent authorities in discharge of their duties to investigate or use (such as financial audit carried out by a certified public accountant);
- a good-faith belief that the disclosure of your personal information is required by law;
- to determine your identity, to provide contact information or to take legal actions, when necessary, if you as a website visitor violate the service terms of CMT, or are likely to jeopardize or interfere with the interests of CMT or result in damages to any person;
- to fulfill contractual obligations under outsourcing contracts.
- CMT will fulfill the responsibilities for supervising and managing the vendors or individuals whom CMT has engaged to collect, process or use your personal information.
- Website visitors may disable Cookies. Please note that certain functions of CMT websites will not be available once Cookies are disabled.
If you use any browser, application program or other means to visit CMT websites, our servers will automatically record specific technical information. Such server records may include your web page requests, Internet IP address, type of browser, language of browser, the date and time on which requests were sent, etc. These server records will be used as reference for server management only. CMT will not use any information in server records to perform analysis of any “individual” website visitors.
- It is recommended that you use the latest browser to visit CMT websites. Although we use industry-standard technologies to protect our websites and your personal information, CMT does not guarantee and assume the security of your personal information and related statutory responsibilities if you have improper use of our websites services or in case of any type of malicious damage done by any third party to our websites.
Applicable Law and Venue
Any dispute, claim, argument, and any other controversy arising from or in any way related to our websites shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws and regulations of Taiwan, Republic of China, and submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of Taiwan Taipei District Court.